Are you a law enforcement professional in Colorado looking to expand your skills and join the Colorado State Patrol family? Our upcoming Lateral Academy may be right for you.
This 14-week academy is open to individuals who hold current Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification (this position is required to be certified under Level 1 Peace Officers in Colorado as defined by CRS Section 16-2.5-101 (i.e. Colorado POST certified).
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED at the time of application;
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the start of the academy;
- Applicants must have documentation that allows them to live and work in the US according to the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- Applicants must have a current and valid State of Colorado Driver's License at the start of the academy;
- Two - three years of law enforcement experience is preferred, but not required;
- The Department reserves the right to consider retirees and those that were laid-off, who were in good standing on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must be current Colorado residents, must provide a DD-2058 showing Colorado residency, if a military member.
Applications are open from Monday, Oct. 17 - Sunday, Nov. 13. The Academy is expected to begin Spring 2023 and will last for 14 weeks. The starting salary for a lateral hire is $6,176 per month and duty stations will be assigned by the agency’s command staff prior to the launch of the academy.
To learn more about this opportunity or to speak with one of our recruiters today, click here. Follow this link to apply directly.