Are you a law enforcement professional in Colorado looking to expand your skills and join the Colorado State Patrol family? Our upcoming Lateral Academy may be right for you.
This 14-week academy is open to individuals who hold current Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification (this position is required to be certified under Level 1 Peace Officers in Colorado as defined by CRS Section 16-2.5-101 (i.e. Colorado POST certified).
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED at the time of application;
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the start of the academy;
- Applicants must have documentation that allows them to live and work in the US according to the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- Applicants must have a current and valid State of Colorado Driver's License at the start of the academy;
- Two - three years of law enforcement experience is preferred, but not required;
- The Department reserves the right to consider retirees and those that were laid-off, who were in good standing on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must be current Colorado residents, must provide a DD-2058 showing Colorado residency, if a military member.
Applications are open from Monday, Oct. 17 - Sunday, Nov. 13. The Academy is expected to begin Spring 2023 and will last for 14 weeks. The starting salary for a lateral hire is $6,176 per month and duty stations will be assigned by the agency’s command staff prior to the launch of the academy.