Now accepting applications from across the US - not just Colorado, for the 2023 Cadet Academy Classes. Please see requirements posted in the job announcement for specific qualifications and instructions.
- Must be age 20 years of age to apply and be at least 21 years of age at the start of the next scheduled academy class;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED at time of application;
- An applicant is not required to be a US citizen to apply; however, they must have documentation that allows them to live and work in the US according to the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Documentation is specified on the Form I-9 issued by the Department of Homeland Security;
- Effective December 2020, the Colorado State Patrol Appearance/Tattoo Policy is as follows:
- Any body marking that is found to be vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, gang related, prejudicial or which may otherwise bring discredit on the State Patrol or police profession, is prohibited.
- Body markings on or above the collar bone are prohibited.
- Body markings on or below the wrist bone are prohibited. Members are permitted to have one band, no greater than 8mm wide on one finger.
- Full Colorado State Patrol Personal Appearance policy.
For more information regarding whether or not your experience will qualify under the 2023 Cadet Academy Program, please Contact a Recruiter or Human Resources Analyst, Michelle Chancey via email at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Colorado State Patrol is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Applicant must be willing to serve a one year probationary period;
- Must be able to effectively communicate fluently in English, verbally and in writing;
- Must meet the standards of the Colorado State Patrol Drug-Free Workplace and Workforce policy including passing a pre-employment drug screen: Drug-Free Workplace and Workforce policy;
- Must be available to work 24/7 as needed for emergency response. This includes availability to work weekends, nights, holidays and rotating shifts, and work in all weather conditions;
- Applicants must be willing to be fingerprinted and must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, psychological examination, medical/physical, physical fitness/agility tests and submit to a pre-employment polygraph;
- The background investigation is based on the following criteria, including, but not limited to: driving history, criminal behavior/history, alcohol use/behavior, drug use/behavior and integrity. If you omit any material fact on your application/testing materials, whether intentional or unintentional, you will be disqualified. If any disqualifying information is discovered at any stage of the selection process, you will be removed from consideration for the position;
- Vision must be unimpaired or correctable to 20/20 and must possess normal color vision, depth perception, night vision, near acuity, far acuity, accommodation and field of vision including peripheral;
- Must be able to hear and understand voice and radio communication either aided or unaided.
These requirements are subject to change by the Colorado State Patrol Executive Command Staff at any time before any actual job posting.